Sunday, May 10, 2009

Our Trip To Spokane Washington


The ducks and geese were so close to us.


























This couch is HUGE!







This chair doesn't seem that big in the picture but it was








The fireplace was beautiful









This weekend Robert and I went to Spokane Washington for my cousins wedding. We had such a great time. This was the first time Rob has met family from my moms side. He has only met my grandparents and one aunt, but he finally got to meet more of my relatives. Today started out as such a great day! We woke up at 6 and realized that makayla had slept for 8 hours! It was amazing! I think that was her gift to me for mothers day. So then we packed up and left my aunts house and decided to go sight seeing since it was our last day in Washington and we first went to a hotel which had a really awesome huge chairs. Then we went to a park and it was so beautiful! There was a big pond that had tons of ducks and geese which we fed. Makayla was so funny there were some seagulls that were so loud and it seemed like she was trying to imitate their noises. And she just starred and starred at all the birds. We had a little picnic and it was so relaxing. We then got so tired and took a nap. I was kind of bummed cuz there were some flower gardens that I really wanted to go in and I'm sure they were gorgeous, but I was so tired I couldn't seem to get up to go, so we slept instead. Then we flew back home to AZ and Makayla was so good on the plane she slept the entire time. The flight was 2 1/2 hours. All in all I had the best mothers day ever. I am so Thankful I am a mom and have the best daughter in the world. She is my life now and I love her so much. I knew I would love her, but I didn't realize how much I could love this tiny little person. Heavenly Father has truly blessed me more than I feel I deserve and I could not be more grateful. I also have the greatest mom in the world! She has taught me so much and has always shown me the right way. Her example is one to live by and I lover her so much. And not to forget my mother in law! Judy has embraced me as her own daughter and has never made me feel unwelcome. I love you so much Judy! Thank you both for all that you do for me.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! You guys are quite the travelers! That couch is HUGE! And also funny about the sleep thing because Baylor did the EXACT same thing and that's what I said! 8 hours.. never thought I'd see that again! And yes, it was THE best mother's day present I ever could have received! Glad you had a good one! And Happy Mother's Day to you Ashley!

    ReplyDelete