Sunday, April 26, 2009

My baby is 2 months old!!!

I can not believe Makayla turned 2 months already. It seriously felt like it was just yesterday that she was just one day old. You hear it all the time that they grow up so fast, and so far it has flown by. She is just the cutest thing. She is such a happy baby. She has been smiling so much and she's on the verge of giggling. I cant wait until she can laugh and talk to me. On Thursday the day she turned 2 months exactly I took her to the doctor for her checkup and she now weighs 10lbs 6oz. Its crazy to know that some babies are born that size, but she is getting so big. She had to get 4 shots which was not fun!! I have never heard those sets of lungs come out of her until then and I was almost in tears with her. I think she was pretty traumatized, but she is great now thank goodness! When she gets hungry she sucks on her fist, but she has now learned how to find her thumb. She has only sucked her thumb about 3 times, but I have a feeling its the beginning to that. She was just too cute
She has been doing so good at tummy time the past few weeks. She is a pretty strong baby

Before I know it she will be one years old and walking and talking and getting into trouble. I cant wait for her to grow up, but...at the same time I really don't want her to. I love how tiny she is and I'm not ready for her to be so big. I love her so much and I tell Rob all the time how it amazes me how we made such a beautiful baby girl. I never knew what she would look like, but she is by far the prettiest girl I have ever seen and I never imagined that we could make a person as beautiful as Makayla is. She is perfect and we could not be happier.


2 comments:

  1. It's so fun that we're going through all of these things together. It's fun to read your blog because it's always things that I have said or thought! I am so with you on the traumatizing visit to the doctor for shots. I just wanted to bawl my eyes out. I really wanted to just punch the nurse that gave him the shots... she was brutal :(

    I can't believe that Makayla has found her thumb! Baylor is great at shoving his fist in his mouth. Half the time he makes himself gag, but he has yet to find his thumb.

    I always love your new pics! I can't wait to meet her in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its crazy huh! taya just turned a month yesterday and i swear i was just in the hospital! i love tha kayla is sucking her thumb how cute! i almost wish tay would cause she's not loving her binky yet...i need a binky baby!! its so much easier when they'll take a binky and calm right down! hope you're doing good she's cute as ever! we're blessing taya june 7th i'll be sending invites soon but we'll more then understand if you guys can't come we'll figure out a good weekend soon for you guys to come down. i just feel bad we don't have extra room in our tiny apt it sucks! if you come down a different weekend besides the blessing one, my mom will have her basement open for you guys to sleep in and she has a crib all set up in the guest room so it would be more convienent...i dunno i'm just rambling makayla is cute and i can't wait to meet the littl bugger thats the main thing i'm trying to say :) love you guys!

    ReplyDelete