Monday, December 17, 2012

Robbie's 9 month update

I have been really bad at taking pictures of Robbie.  I don't know why, but I definitely need to get better at it.  He had his 9 month check up a few weeks ago and I thought I could get him out of the 1 percentile, well we did but because he went back down, so he is below the charts at 0 percentile, weighing in at 14lbs 10oz.  What a chunker!!! haha they were still not concerned but they do want him to start gaining some weight.  Seriously that boy can eat!! He eats so much, my kids just have super fast metabolisms. 

I just stopped breastfeeding.  He thought it would be funny to bite me around 50 times and laugh every time even when I would flip his lip he would smile, then cry then laugh.  He is crazy, so after he drew blood 4 times I decided enough is enough and put him on the bottle.  The day I gave up nursing I had withdrawals and was so sad to give it up, so I thought I would just keep nursing morning and night, did that for about a week and now I just pretty much gave it up for good. I would have loved to do it for a year, but hey almost 10 months is better than nothing. 


For about 4 months he has been a terrible sleeper.  He would wake up 3 times a night to eat or just to be held or for a pacifier, well since he has been on the bottle he has been sleeping amazing!! I know it is a combination of things, he is not teething bad right now, he doesn't get the comfort of nursing in the middle of the night and I know that was a big reason, and the bottles I'm sure fill him up more, but we are so happy.  He slept the other night from 8pm until 10:30am.  Crazy right!!! 

A little about my handsome boy...

-He is getting close to walking

-He broke 3 teeth at once and there are 2 or 3 more about to break through (the 3 that came out of the surface are all on the top left) totaling of 5 teeth that are out

-He loves being thrown around, either on the bed or on the couch or hung upside down. Such a boy!

-He is extremely ticklish

-He never stops moving, he is so active and is such a fast crawler

-He eats everything and is not picky in the slightest.  I make his baby food although right now he is in a feeding himself stage, we give him what we make for dinner and he always eats tons of it no matter what it is

-He is such a charmer! He will crawl up to most anyone and just give them the biggest smile (and for some reason men are drawn to him I don't know what it is but its usually men that tell me how adorable he is and they cant stop playing with him or wanting to hold him, its kind of funny)

-He is a mommas boy

-Makayla and him are still best of friends and they never get sick of each other




No comments:

Post a Comment