Thursday, October 18, 2012

Amazing Big Sister, Dentist, & Broken toe

I know I always say how awesome of a big sister Makayla is, but it is so true.  I wanted to make sure I documented what happened yesterday, just to have for the record and to look back on. 
 
Any time I leave the room and now that Robbie is mobil, Makayla is so great at telling me if he is getting into the plant, or about to climb the stairs, so either I will get him or I will have Makayla carry him away from the danger area.  Well yesterday I had the kids in Robbie's room and they were playing with a big stuffed animal and they were cracking up laughing, I figured since I just cleaned the room and the monitor was going I would go downstairs for a sec to put a load of laundry in the washer. The next thing I knew Makayla started carrying Robbie down the stairs, I saw her and immediately told her that was not okay to do, she told me he was choking, I looked at him in her arms and he was throwing up and obviously choking on something, so i ran to her and swooped out a little hair tie of Makayla's that Robbie had happened to find and pick up off the floor and put in his mouth. 
 
I couldn't believe how awesome she was to have brought him to me while he was choking.  Many kids probably would either just stare at the baby while it was happening, or try getting it out themselves, or simply just ignore it and continue playing (or maybe they wouldn't have noticed at all).  It just showed how much she pays attention to him and loves him.  He could have possible died if it were not for her.  I am so grateful to have such a loving daughter who loves to play and nurture her little brother. 
 
 
Makayla also had her dentist appt.  She loves going to the dentist, this was her second time and at the end she yelled extremely loud in the office "I LOVE GOING TO THE DENTIST" "I LOVE IT HERE" lol it was hilarious, so glad she likes going =)
 
On other news I broke my toe today.  I put the baby gate up and climbed over it and slammed my foot on the staircase, I heard a loud pop and realized I could not move my middle toe, looked down and yep it was bent to the left. 
 

2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky that she loves the dentist! We are going to go soon and I am dreading it! I am not sure what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a caring, helpful big sister she is!

    ReplyDelete