Tuesday, January 4, 2011

California Adventures!

This year we had Christmas with the Sorensen family. It had been 5 years that everyone including my nephews could all be together for Christmas. It was so much fun!!! The kids all got spoiled and loved playing together. Its not often we can all be together so it was an emotional time of year and I'm so grateful for the time we could all be there.



haha Makayla likes to take pictures of herself and she says "cheese". She's a funny little girl


My mom and Makayla! My parents are OBSESSED with Makayla (as it should be =) She has always felt so comfortable with my mom and when she was younger kayla wouldn't let me rock her to sleep but somehow she would let my mom! stinker! but at least she lets me now hehe

For new years eve Robert and I went on a little date out to eat, then came home and played games with my parents and the kids. My sister came over to play for a while too before going out, and my brothers had all gone out to party's. We actually had so much fun, the kids all went to bed at around 10 and we stayed up and watched the countdown on t.v then headed to bed ourselves.




After Christmas the family went to Disneyland! Minus Rob, he had to work and one of my brothers everyone else was there and it was magical! It was super busy (I guess we went there on the busiest weeks of the year oops) but other than the crowds the kids had a blast! Makayla LOVES roller coasters, even if she gets a little scared on some she never ever cries, she just squeezes my hand a little tight but has a smile on her face and always wants to go back. I don't think she had one meltdown the whole day, she was all smiles all day long, and just for that it was worth every penny (and let me tell ya Disneyland is not cheap!) Good thing she is not to the age where we had to pay for her good thing!




Here is everyone waiting for the show before going home. It was pretty cold all day but all the fun took away from freezing.


Being there during Christmas time was so awesome! Everything was lighted up with Christmas lights and decorations. They even turned down all the lights, had sweet music and had snow come out of the sky at night.



We put Makayla on a leash since she likes to wander off and she can run super fast, and she actually liked it. I felt kind of weird at first with it, but then came to realize who cares, I'm a better parent for it I don't want to risk her getting lost! I love her too much =) plus there were actually tons of kids with leashes there so it made it better.


We FINALLY got a family picture where we are all together! Oh goodness this has been a long time coming. We haven't had a family picture where Robert, Makayla or even my second nephew were in. Its been almost 7 years!! There has been a lot of complications with my brothers ex wife so we haven't been able to get us all together until now!
I'm sad we had to leave but its also good to be home. My mom called me and said she misses all the noise as do we! Also since we've taken Makayla's binki away she has been talking so much. She would look at my dad and always say papa and run to him! That made him so happy. Also my parents have a dog named daisy and she would call out daisy's name and start clapping her hands for the dog to come to her. It was super cute. Each day she is talking more and more, its just a reminder of how fast she is growing up. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and new years! We had the time of our life!!!









2 comments:

  1. How fun that you could spend so much time in California! Reading your post and seeing your pictures totally made me want to go to Disneyland!!! I LOVE that place :) I'm so glad Makayla enjoyed it. Nothing beats the excitement there. And great too that you were able to spend Christmas with your entire family after so many years. I'm sure that was exactly what your parents wanted. I'm glad your holidays were great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, it looks like you guys had so much fun! It's so awesome that Makayla is old enough to enjoy Disneyland! You guys are always doing fun things.........JEALOUS! Love you mmwwaa!

    ReplyDelete