Friday, February 26, 2010

Our Big Girl

Our little girl isn't so little anymore! She turned 1! I cant even believe whole year has gone by since I first laid my eyes on her. She has brought more joy to our lives than we could have possibly ever imagined. We love her so much
My mom and sister drove up for Makayla's big day. We threw a party for her and she had the best of time. She didn't even want to open her presents cuz she was having way to much fun with all the other kids.




Her cake turned out pretty cute. The brown was supposed to be a dark chocolate brown, and we tried everything to get it darker, but it wouldn't change, but overall I really loved how it turned out. It was a white cake with raspberry filling and whipped cream cheese frosting. It tasted pretty dang good I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself. =)


I also made a separate little cake just for the birthday girl so she could dig into.



We thought she was going to put her whole fist into it and go crazy but she actually ate it pretty dainty. Rob was messing it up so she could take bigger pieces instead of putting two fingers in the frosting and licking it. she's so cute










had to put in this goofy pic of her. This shows her true silly self. You gotta love those funny teeth









Aunt Lacey got her this huge stuffed animal. She runs up to it and hugs it all day



blowing out the candle
















2 comments:

  1. Crazy how fast a year flies by! What a fun party. Her cake was so cute. Looks like everything turned out perfect. She is just a doll, Happy Birthday Makayla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her cakes turned out darling!! I can't believe she is one already. Where is the bear from? I want one, too cute!!

    ReplyDelete