Friday, June 10, 2011

Refinished Huch

So I found this hutch on craigslist and it was in such good condition. The bottom cabinets were missing knobs, but I probably would have replaced them anyways after I painted it. I'm so happy with how it turned out. There were actually a few pretty big cracks but that was an easy fix. I'm so in love with our new hutch!


Before

and after



I decided to replace our console table that I had made and put it in our front room since it was so pretty. It did look good in the kitchen too, but I wanted to show it off. The console table that we origionally had will do in the kitchen for now until I find another hutch that I want to redo.


Look at the beautiful knobs! So pretty!



and back in February we repainted our bedroom and I don't have a before picture but here is the after. Just imagine the before pic as a plain tan wall. So we painted it a grayish/bluish/greenish color haha (it was supposed to be a grey/blue but we loved the color in the end) and I hand painted the quatrefoil by using an outline of the design with cardboard. I love the way it turned out and brought so much to our master!


4 comments:

  1. Wow! You painted the wall yourself, Ashley? That is pretty fabulously amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I have a few tables that I need to re-do like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hand painted the design? Using cardboard? You are amazing! Our walls are tan, and I don't think they are every going to change. Way to go, you are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ash!! Everything looks awesome! I have been looking for a hutch/table/dresser like that for weeks now to go under our TV that is hanging on the wall! It looks beautiful! Good job!

    ReplyDelete