Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day

Today is Roberts first fathers day. As these 4 months have passed since Makayla has been here, I have been able to see how much more loving and giving Rob has become. He really enjoys being a dad and its still so crazy knowing we have a baby. Today is really a special day and one he will never have again and I know he is definitely enjoying it. We got our recliner yesterday right in time for fathers day and man is Robert happy today. All day he's been telling me how all he wants to do is sit on his thrown (recliner) =) and have me cater to his every need, which I am doing. He demanded that we all take a nap today which him and Makayla are doing right now, but...I decided to blog instead. I'll probably join them later. Seeing Robert and the way he is with our little girl is just about as rewarding as being a mother myself. He is an amazing dad and husband. We love him so much and were so thankful to have him in our lives. I love you honey!

Our friends came over for dinner last night and they brought Rob this basket. The fries are made of sugar cookies and the hamburger is made our of sweets too. The bun is a cupcake cut in half, the lettuce, ketchup, and mustard is frosting and the meat is a brownie. How sweet and thoughtful that was. Thank so much Sarah and Jake we love you guys!


Here's Rob enjoying his hamburger and fries!




My dad is an amazing man! He has taught me so much in my life. He's not a man of many words, but his actions have always shown more than his words could ever. He's so loving and kind. He is someone I have looked up to since forever. He was bishop when I was a little girl for 8 years and even though he was so busy going to work, helping people in the ward and coming home dealing with 5 crazy kids, he still made time to teach and play with us. I remember being so young and when dad came home all I wanted to do was for him to pick me up and throw me in the air. He was one of the funniest guys I knew. As I turned a teenager I became a total self absorbed brat. We didn't have the best of relationships, but who could blame him with the way I was. Although I was not doing things he could be proud of, he loved me through it all. He continued to try to show me he loved me and I know that had to have been tough. I want to thank him for everything he has done for me. Thank you for teaching me right from wrong and for being my loving dad through all my bad times. I love you so much dad!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment