Monday, September 20, 2010

Sweet and Sassy

Today I was having a conversation with one of my friends about how difficult having a child like Makayla is. She couldn't imagine having such a hyper wild child that throws extreme tantrums the way Kayla does. And to be honest pretty much all my friends with children have told me one time or another how overwhelming it looks being her mom or how stressful it would be. Being mom to her is and has always been super hard and challenging and through out the mix of it all we still want another baby. There are times it is hard staying in one piece and most of the time I'm out with friends I spend the majority of the time chasing after her or trying to discipline (because I don't want to be the parent that ignores their kids bad behavior just so i don't look stupid in front of people. What does that teach your kids) but when my friend had left I broke down in tears went over to Makayla and gave her the biggest hug and kiss (while she was trying to push me away ) I told her how much I love her. My friends don't get to see the sweet beautiful girl that I see as often as I'd like them to see. But even though being her mom I have more trials and challenges than the normal mom I feel like It might just be more rewarding at the same time. I recognize every tiny sweet or nice thing she does. It may be hard having her scream at me in the car, but because what she really wants is for her mommy to reach back to hold her hand that that calms her down how can I not love her. I get to have more eye opening moments of how much she means to me and I don't take any moment for granted. I love her more than anything in the entire world. She is my Makayla sweet and sassy but none the less she my my angel and I wouldn't trade her in for anything!

1 comment:

  1. That was such a sweet post! And what a great way to look at the little trials in our daily life in the greater picture. You are an incredible mom for a beautiful daughter!!

    ReplyDelete